I am very happy to be your teacher again, I hope you learn a lot of English this year.
ICEBREAKERS (taken from www.insight.typepad.co.uk | Grahame Knox)
ACTIVITY 1: INTERVIEW
Divide into pairs. Take three minutes to interview
each other. Each interviewer has to find 3 interesting facts about their partner.
Bring everyone back to together and present the 3 facts about your partner to the rest of the group.
1. If you had a time machine that would work only once, what point in the
future or in history would you visit?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. If your house was burning down, what three objects would you try and
4. If you could talk to any one person now living, who would it be and why?
5. If you HAD to give up one of your senses (hearing, seeing, feeling, smelling,
tasting) which would it be and why?
6. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
7. Do you have a pet? If not, what sort of pet would you like?
8. Name a gift you will never forget?
9. Name one thing you really like about yourself.
10.What's your favourite thing to do in the summer?
11.Who's your favourite cartoon character, and why?
12.Does your name have a special meaning and or were you named after
13.What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
14.If you are at a friend's or relative's house for dinner and you find a dead
insect in your salad, what would you do?
15. What was the best thing that happened to you this past week?
16.If you had this week over again what would you do differently?
17.What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
18.What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
19.If you could ask Christ to change one problem in the world today, what
would you like him to change?
20.What book, movie or video have you seen/read recently you would
ACTIVITY 3: IF
Sit in a circle. The first person takes a card, reads it
out and gives their answer, comment or explanation. The card is returned to the
bottom of the pile before the next person takes their card.
1. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. If I gave you $10,000, what would you spend it on?
3. If you could watch your favourite movie now, what would it be?
4. If you could talk to anyone in the world, who would it be?
5. If you could wish one thing to come true this year, what would it be?
6. If you could live in any period of history, when would it be?
7. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change?
8. If you could be someone else, who would you be?
9. If you could have any question answered, what would it be?
10.If you could watch your favourite TV show now, what would it be?
11.If you could have any kind of pet, what would you have?
12.If you could do your dream job 10 years from now, what would it be?
13.If you had to be allergic to something, what would it be?
14.If you sat down next to Jesus on a bus, what would you talk about?
15.If money and time was no object, what would you be doing right now?
16.If you had one day to live over again, what day would you pick?
17.If you could eat your favourite food now, what would it be?
18.If you could learn any skill, what would it be?
19.If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and only
allowed to bring three personal items with you, what would they be?
20.If you could buy a car right now, what would you buy?